Update from New York City!
Alright, people! I haven't updated my blog for a while, and there are a bunch of reasons for that, but hey, here is a news update!
-Yes! I ran the freakin' marathon!
It was, well, kind of far, and I didn't exactly set a new land speed record, but hey, I finished the fucking marathon, and I am pretty happy about that! The jury's still out regarding whether or not I'll do another one anytime soon, but seriously, it was a really cool experience (until the damn Queensborough bridge, that is :-) What a bitch that bridge is to run across!)-Robbie came to visit here from Baltimore a couple of days before the race, and good times were had!
-Also, I've bought a new guitar and a bass, and it is very exciting to play with them both.
-Let's see, what else.. Oh yeah, I went on a day trip with Valerie to Philadelphia!
-Oh yeah, Teresa from Mizzou was visiting here, and we dragged Emem out and went to the Met:
Oh, and after the Met, we went to the Upright Citizens Brigade. So, the good thing about the writers' strike is that all the celebs come out to play at the UCB. Here are the people we saw last night (and I am kind of lifting this list from Teresa, so please forgive me for, well, using a five-nary counting system, where you count to 5 and then start over again, apparently!):
1. Mila Kunis, or Jackie from that 70s show (easily mistaken for an annoying New Yorker in a hurry)
2. Macaulay Culkin (her date...he was really short)
3. Bradley Cooper (the awesome journalist friend from ALIAS)
4. Samm Levine, from Freaks and Geeks
5. CHEVY FREAKIN CHASE!!!
1. Matt Besser
2. The 30 Rock page (freakin' amazing)
3. Seth Myers
4. Horatio Sans
5. Amy Poehler
Add to that list: My favorite UCBer, Jason Mantzoukas, who has a CRAZY moustache. AND SPEAKING OF WHICH!! I bought a moustache color gel thing today, in order to apply it soon to accent my awesome and majestic moustache! Oh yes! OH YES!! Moustaches are back in a BIG FUCKING WAY!!!
-Oh, and I need to give a SHOUT OUT with KUDOS and PROPS to ANDRÉ and HEDVIG, who are now engaged! Apparently, André will change his name to "André El Grande", and yes, I am excited about that.
-I've been to Norway a couple of times in the last month, and it's been good! It was great to see my new little nephew, and my old one too!
-Oh yeah, and falltime in New York is incredibly beautiful.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home