Saturday, February 16, 2008

News from Thor!

Alright folks! I guess I haven't blogged for a long while, and, well, I don't have a good reason, so here's an update on what the haps are! What are the haps? I'll tell you what are the haps!

-The big piece of news is that I'm moving back to Oslo in August. I got a job that sounds really cool, and I really look forward to it, it fits really well with my academic background and such, and should be fun.

-I just joined the UCB again, for a new six-week stint starting April. Holy hell, THAT is going to be fun! I went there last night with Espen, a friend of mine who just came to town to do a UN internship, and his friend Håkon, and it was, well, kind of intensely hilarious.

-I just bought a Microkorg! Dude, I am totally starting the best band in the world when I go to Oslo, so RUNE RUDBERG, WATCH YOUR BACK! Seriously, all I need now is a PC with lots of processing speed and such, and we're OFF! Mats and I have been thinking about band names, and after the most what the fuck lunch discussion, we came up with the name "KÖLLE & GÖNN", which is a good working title, with that great combination of porn and everyday racism.

-Also, the same Mats and I are currently pwning the rest of our office in terms of sexy moustaches. The discourse related to the moustache is no longer about whether it exists, it's about why it exists, which I think is a wonderfully positive turn for the better. As to why it exists, my only response is that it's a contemporary comment on cold war nostalgia (the so-called 'Ostalgi') Either way, Mats is coloring his this weekend, and I wish him good luck indeed. His is more of a trimmed affair, in the Errol Flynn tradition, whereas mine is the free growing and liberal moustache of a true mountaineer, at the same time rugged and sensitive in its paradoxal near-invisibility.

-Oh, I also bought a pair of sexy Ray-Ban sunglasses, and I might now wear sunglasses occasionally.

-Hm, what else. Neh, not much else. Oh yeah! SIR - The other day I had a mystery lost phonecall, which turned out to be from the Economist newsroom here in New York. Sadly, the person on phone duty didn't know who called me, so the mystery is yet to be solved. (Did you catch the SIR - thing? Ugh! You guys need to start reading the Economist!!)

Alright, I have a long weekend on my hands! I am celebrating it by having no hot water, no heat and no working drains in the apartment, but hopefully the plumber will fix it tomorrow.

Have a good weekend, folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home