What's with the bitchiness? Thor's new list.
Right now, for reasons I have no intentions to disclose, I am so damn happy I'm only here for three more weeks! Actually, exactly three weeks from now I'll be over the Atlantic on my way home.. Man, that's sweet! (Hm, to be realistic: Exactly three weeks from now I'll be sitting in New York shouting foul language and obscenities at random people because the plane is delayed.)
However, I think the time is right for a little list of the stuff I miss:
Thor's list over stuff he misses: (Well, I already mentioned that, I guess, but the damn thing needed a heading.)
-Speaking Norwegian. I mean, English is fun, but you don't have fun words like "Førkje", "Blodhore" and "Møkkamann" in English. In fact, pretty much all the delightful expressions from Autostern are unusable here. Which sucks. Damn, maybe I should work there this summer too after all, just to refresh my arsenal of foul language. I mean, they've never failed to enrich my profanity vocabulary with some very creative and groundbreaking new ideas, and it would feel kind of wrong not to use the opportunity when I'm home anyway. We'll see.
-Having friends around. I mean, I have friends here too, but it's just not the same. For instance, they're not offended when I call them "Møkkamann" and they are not likely to shout "Blodhore" back. And then it's just no fun.
-A certain tall, blond and gorgeous girl. Who doesn't wear flip-flops, who doesn't live in a sorority and who doesn't have a fucking pick-up truck and PJs and who isn't "Stokk Dum.. D-O-M-M!" (Yes, let's be honest, it's true what they say). And who - unlike the American girls I've met this week - isn't a psycho-bitch from Hell. Psycho-bitches from Hell are so overrated.
-Beaches. Man, I'm gonna spend so much time there this summer, I actually feel a new personal best coming up. And if a certain someone throws seaweed, don't think I'm not going to defend myself. I wonder if my crappy-ass bike is going to survive this season too, though. That might be a wee problem.
-Not having to finish Journalism papers every three minutes. As much fun as the J-School is, I'm sick of not having a few days off now and then. Studying journalism in your non-native language is some heavy shit.
-Hjelmsgate. And Bogstadveien. I know, it's weird. In fact, I even miss Meny at Westside. That is really weird. And just walking around there at night. You can't really do that here.
-Having my wallet full of Kroner and not Dollars. That was a disgusting thing to say.
-Melkesjokolade. Oh baby, and Norvegia. Man, that's good. Oh, and Holiday Dip. Why don't they have that here? Next semester, I'm going to bring about a metric ton of that stuff. And real bread, not the shit they have here, and real feta cheese.
-Shops with fruit. From here, I have to drive 2 hours, fly for 9 hours, then swim for two days and climb up a really tall tree to find a shop with fruit.
-Bård og Harald. I mean, I can get it online, I know, but it's so not the same. Hey, I haven't even seen the DVD from Spektrum. Man I look forward to that! How can you not have fun with Jan Simonsen and Holiday Dip?
-Reading Aftenposten and watching Dagsrevyen. They are so underrated.
-Niklas. I am so excited to be an uncle. It's going to rock, and he damn well better like beach life.
This was a long post. But you know what they say about a man with a long post.

2 Comments:
Veldig bra! Virker som at du gleder deg rimelig mye til å komme hjem en tur! Og det blir helt sikkert en bra sommer ;) Rart, mye at det du savner nå, er ting jeg også savnet.... Hmmm.. Noe med nordmenn i utlandet å gjøre??! Vel, hold ut de siste ukene, så sees vi snart!
10:08 AM
Ja! Vi sees heldigvis om bare noen uker! Altså, det er jo ikke SÅ ille her da!
Sees på Huk! :-)
10:26 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home