Thor's recipe for a perfect weekend
1. Visiting a city I've never been to before. It doesn't hurt if the city immediately sails up to a very solid second spot on Thor's coveted "Favorite City"-list (after Oslo, of course. If you've been there, you know why. Vancouver and Rome are both very strong competitors, but NY takes the prize). Add to that wonderful spring weather in Central Park, and the fact that I wasn't mugged even once.
2. Spending the weekend outside of Columbia. Not that I don't like Columbia; it's just nice with a little change of pace. Or in this case, a very significant change of pace.
3. Staying at a Hotel in Midtown on Madison Avenue free of charge.
4. Eating at the best restaurants in New York free of charge.
5. Going to some absolutely awesome clubs where they play something else than friggin' hip hop.
6. Meeting something like 120 new people from 60 countries.
7. A wee bit of shoe-shopping. And no, I'm not gay.
8. Being surrounded by girls who are NOT currently living in a sorority, who are extremely well dressed, and who actually wear other forms of footwear than flip-flops. I mean, is it too fucking much to ask to put on a pair of shoes? (Answer: No, it is absolutely not. Come on, please, you look like baboons. It's not that girls in Columbia are less attractive, it's just that they can not dress, and clearly don't even try.)
9. Then, as you fly back to Columbia, the entire town has exploded in spring colors. And I'm still not gay. Just stop asking, it's getting very disturbing.
10. The flight back is in fact early, so I get to watch Robot Chicken when I get home to Hubbell (Bak-bak-bak, babak-bak-bak - Bakbakbakbakbakbak bak bak!)
In fact, the only thing that kept this weekend from being absolutely perfect, is tall, blond and gorgeous and stuck on a continent 4500 miles away. But you can't have it all, I'm afraid. Apart from that, it was perfect. NYC Rox.

1 Comments:
Once I was bit by an Amish dog.
4:15 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home