OK, favorite things of the year!
OK, I think this is the time of year to sum up the last year! I know, I should have done this yesterday, but I was busy, alright, sue me! If you don't like it, don't read it, it's not my fault that I had a lot of other shit to do on New Years'!
So, ok, favorite quotes of 2006 (OK, I have more than one quote, so bear with me!)
"They say that I am .. dull." (Kevin in the American version of "The Office." See "Favorite TV shows.")
"Oslo is pretty much the butt-crack of Norway." (Johnnie pondering the shape of Glorious Monarchy of Norway.)
"Here, you have to replenish your fluids." (Dwight Schrute. Again, please consult the "Favorite TV Shows" category.)
Favorite sports teams of 2006:
What, are you kidding me? Like I give a fuck!
Favorite TV-shows:
-"The Office" sailed up as an unlikely first spot taker in the later quarter of the year, after I stole the season 2 dvd from my roommate Meg. It is a fantastic show, and - AND - now I found a place where I can watch it online (man, that site is so illegal that I am not even going to put it up).
-"Harvey Birdman". This show made the whole moving to NY bearable, and I bought two whole seasons on DVD.
-"MXC". I mean, this show is not exactly new, but it is just a fantastic feeling to see Japanese people get mauled, just to be on TV. MXC is also on the super illegal TV site, but I have yet to buy a dvd.
Worst TV show:
-"Unan1mous." What an absolutely revolting piece of shit TV show! And - AND - they made a Norwegian version, with national fuckhead Christer Falch as the douchebag host. I mean, Fuck! How can they air that fucking shit? How can the participants not just revolt, and just take over the set and just murder and violate and eat the producers and Christer Falch? How can Falch still be alive and walking around, why hasn't anyone strangled that fucking shithead already?
Favorite loan paid back:
-My student loan! Yeah, I am kind of a douchbag for saying this, but that was a good freakin' feeling.
Best Movies:
-"Borat". Hands down. Glorious! Specifically, the wrestling scene. I laughed so hard my jaw almost got dislocated and my spleen got a concussion. No, seriously, it did. Spleens can get concussions too!
-"Thank you for smoking" was great too, but I am not sure if it was made in 2006. That kind of disqualifies it, but it's such a good movie that I choose to include it anyway. My list, my rules!
Favorite city lived in:
-NYC. NYC is a pretty great city to live in. Of course, Oslo is the best in the world, but I haven't lived there this year, so NYC takes the top spot. D.C. was great too, though. Actually, I think I'm gonna put D.C. as my top pick. The climate is way better, and my apartment was a LOT cooler there. I dunno, this is a tough call. OK, so a draw then. NYC and D.C.
Favorite new band:
-"120 Days". They are awesome, AND they're Norwegian. So yeah. Also, they got two pages in "Rolling Stone", which featured a lot of man-crack. Gotta love them for that alone, but their music is amazing.
Best concert:
-"Hurra Torpedo in Washington, D.C." That was an AMAZING concert! I mean, come on, they played on kitchen appliances and rocked the fucking house.
-"Uncle Earl in Washington, D.C." This concert kind of turned me on to Bluegrass, which is really a fantastic style of music.
-"Lage Lund at the Lincoln Center in NYC". You know, this was a totally unexpected thing - I mean, it was straight after work, I was tired, it was a work night, but then, this concert is just so amazing, and the club, oh man, the club was just out of this world, with the most amazing views I have ever seen in any club in the world. So yeah. Great concert, great place.
Best marathon:
-The New York Marathon, closely followed by "MXC" marathons on Spike.
Best meal:
-Steakburgers at the Johnson residence in Illinois. Yeah, who'd 'a thunk QVC meat could be that great?
-The first meal I made after accepting a job offer in New York. It was probably pizza, but I also bought some Häagen Dazs. Also, the first meal after accepting my second internship position in D.C. - courtesy of the Stricklands - was pretty fantastic.
-Jarlsberg dinner at the Aquavit restaurant in NYC. I mean, it's one of NYC's top restaurants AND I got a limo home! Gotta love that!
-And of course.. Christmas dinner in Norway!
Favorite thing being looked forward to in 2007.. Uhm, by Thor:
-OK, this wins the prize for most awkwardly named category, but I really look forward to getting some time off and going to the beach this year. I have not been to a beach for a years now, and that is just going to be freakin' great. I am totally going to Bahamas or the Dominican Republic or something like that, and it is going to be fucking serene.
Favorite prediction for the new year:
I think in 2007, people are going to be able to use computers for just about anything. I think pretty much all households will have one, and one will be able to use it to communicate with one another, watch movies, listen to music, and one day in the future, they will be able to connect them all in a kind of gigantic web, that will span the whole wide world. Of course, this is way into the future, but we can see signs of this development even today, with the increased use of robots as live-in companions.
This, again, will of course lead to the inevitable demise of the human race, as robots will soon raise against the humans, and I think the biggest worldwide security threat in 2007 will not be people of mixed ethnicity, but rather the rise of avengeful robots.
Labels: Stuff.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home