Will this make me sad?
Today I just had my last class for the semester with hundreds of sorority girls without shoes. In earlier posts I've said unpleasant things about these girls. Among other things, I've said that their smelly feet annoy me. Some people have taken offence with that, but I have not cared, and I've been firm in my belief and for my cause. I've also said that they are a little stupid and really bitchy. Interestingly, nobody really objected to that. I also said that if I see one more "Greek Week" t-shirt, I would throw up, and then kill myself and take numerous people with me as I do so.
Now however, as my last encounter with these people came to a close for the summer, I wondered if I've been too quick to judge them. Maybe they are also people. People with sorority girl feelings. People with sorority girl ambitions and dreams and wishes and yearnings. Oh yes, they yearn. They yearn - if not daily - weekly. Or at least bi-monthly. At least! And if you prick them, do they not bleed? If you tickle them, do they not laugh? If you poison them - and hell, it's been so damn tempting - do they not die? You know, I guess they do.
I'm starting to realize that sorority girls are people too. They're just covered by more make-up, PJs and flip-flops. And I may or may not miss them over the summer. Check this site regularly for more updates on this truly thrilling subject.

2 Comments:
We can safely apply that theorem to me too. Maybe I hate them because I love them.
The question is: How can we counter this unpleasant-yet-sadly-statistically-significant tendency? How can we make them aware of us - two dorky J-School students - as a brand and instill brand preference? Is more blogging really the answer? Or is this yet another problem that can only be solved with some mild but persuasive violence?
Please send suggestions to me. And fast.
6:50 PM
Haha! I'll totally try that! Damn the fact that the semester is over!!!
9:18 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home