Sunday, June 18, 2006

Day 21: Three weeks down, I guess some more to go.

Ah, what a perfect weekend! I spent all Saturday in/next to the pool, working on my Norwegian tan, before going to a party with mostly Germans and some NPR-people: We saw a raccoon and talked about soccer and it was all fun and games until I laughed out really loud when someone said that there was a friendly rivalry between Germany and Poland. Yeah..

Anyway, I was rather sunburnt, so took an early night.

Today I went to Richmond, Va., with Ana from Romania, Lars from Germany, Lily from China and Ben from Iowa, and it was a great trip! It's so warm here though, it's crazy! ..Crazy! I just came home from the two-hour drive in Ben's trusty car (yeah, it's the same one that broke all records and all speed limits from Washington to Columbia), we visited a ton of historical sites and a really funky diner, plus almost went for a swim in some really filthy and rancid river.

Also, it has now been three weeks without coke, and I am actually quite amazed at my own will power. I do think that writing fairly regularly about it in my blog is quite effective, though. I'll use the same method with my next project, which is to quit my addiction for Venezuelan snuff porn. I know I can make it, I know it!

I do have a really embarrassing confession, though, dear reader(s). I know some of you have tried to comment on my posts, and had your comments waiting for moderator approval. Well, taking into consideration that I'm an idiot and didn't get that particular memo, your comments have been just sitting around, without me really having appreciated the concept of the moderator's role as despotic approver, but approver nonetheless. Now, however, all that has changed; I have posted all your comments, new and old, and hope to hear more from you in the future!

Anyway, I gotta go: Tomorrow is kind of a D-Day, so we'll see what happens! Plus, an all new Family Guy is on in five minutes! Wuhu!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home