Day 8: I'm doing pretty much fine..
Yup, nothing to report about: In this case, no news is good news, which means that yes, I'm still clean! Right now, there is no craving at all: Over lunch, my editor was loudly enjoying a can of coke (actually, it was Pepsi.. Yup, I'm all about precision and accountability in my blogging. We have a machine at work that has both Pepsi and Coca-Cola.. SSCCCHHRRRIIINNG --- The more you know!), and I didn't feel any jealousy, any craving, nor an impulse to go on any violent rampages. It felt very good, and my epic battle against coke is indeed turning out to be a Triumph des Willens, only without the blatant Nazism.
The only thing now is that I need to find a substitute for coke in terms of relaxation. I've been associating "coke" with "a relaxing time" for many a year now, so I need to find something to take over its hitherto hegemonic role as a Thor-unwinder. But what? But what?? (Yeah, that's from a Subway ad..) I don't know, but I have heard good things about PCP. Other than that, I'll be happy for any suggestions.
I'm also wondering: Should I celebrate day number 31 with a cold, delicious, refreshing, relaxing coke?? So many questions!
Oh, and yeah, gotta love that magic monkey.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home