Day 24: Still going strong and I still haven't lost count!
Actually, there was a brief moment of craving today as I got home from work, but with my mental powers and .. well, mental powers, I didn't give in, I didn't give up, I didn't cave, and fuck, I haven't gone this long without a soft drink since like .. Kindergarden.
Also today, as an added incentive to stay clean, I read an article about how high intake of soft drinks increases your risk of depression, anxiety and hyper-activity. Good to know that I lowered my risk of that shit. (If anyone else noticed a somewhat spurious causal effect in the article, then .. well, then we agree.)
Anyway, for anyone who hasn't heard yet, I got a new job in New York City, and I'm moving there in September (at least that's the plan, we haven't negotiated all the terms and such yet, though). In the meantime, I have exactly one week left at my current job; I'm doing the UN Foundation Climate thing in July and August, so yeah, it's going to be a hell of a busy summer, and no trip home until Christmas. I am planning a trip to Columbia soon, though, which should be cool.
Oh, and yesterday I met my old buddy from Montana, Casper, the Friendly Dutch Guy. It was nice and a little nostalgic to see him, but it did bring back some haunting memories of a stalking Moroccan, which will probably deprive me of my sleep for a few weeks. Oh well.

1 Comments:
Columbia SHOULD BE cool? I'm mildly offended!
7:20 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home