Day .. BFE, who knows?
So! Lots of news this time! I'm gonna do the numeric thing again!
1) I haven't blogged for a while, because I've been busy with a trip back to Columbia, and starting a new job this week. Both things were/are great, and I'm posting some pictures of me and Johnnie here:

Johnnie and me at some weird river-restaurant thing.. Very "Deliverance"..

The next day, after I had a shave, a haircut and a new pair of sleazy aviators, Ms. Johnson and me went to the winery in Rocheport. It was actually pretty damn nice, I can't believe we haven't been there before.
Also, my new job is going pretty well, I'll be doing a lot of various PR things, my colleagues are an absolutely stunningly intelligent bunch, and I learn a whole lot, so it's all good! Oh, and the pay is way better than my last job :-)
2) It's official: I passed the coke challenge! Hells yeah! 30 - count 'em, 30! - days without any Coca Cola product! I beat the addiction, and I beat the Coca Cola Company! (Obviously, on day 30, I chugged about 3 Gallons of coke straight down, but from now on, coke is no longer an addiction, it's more of a delightful occasional refreshment.)
3) Speaking of coke-related news items, today I adventurously tried the new coke BLäK (I kid you not, that's how it's spelled. It's pronounced - or so I suspect - Coca Cola BLAHRGH!) It is a mix of coke and coffee, and tastes about as vile and repulsive as it sounds. It's supposed to be a new energy drink, but this is what happened when I took my first sip:
-Tastebud 1: "Oh, this is going to be great, it's going to be like coke, only more energizing!"
-Tastebud 2: "Right on, bro, it's time to chill out, let go, and just enjoy the sweetness"
-Tastebud 1: "Oh, oh, oh, here it comes, here it comes! OoooooohhhhhmmmmmHHHUUUH?????"
-Tastebud 2: "WOH, WOH, WOH, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS??"
-Tastebud 1: "Fucking SHIT, this is disgusting!"
-Tastebud 2: "Holy shit, I can't believe it, this is VILE!"
-Nose: "Hey, what's going on down there? Can you two shut up already?"
-Tastebud 1: "Dude, this shit is fucked up right here!"
-Tastebud 2: "Hell, I knew it wasn't real coke, but damn!"
-Tastebud 1: "This shit tastes like man-crack!"
-Nose: "Son of a bitch! What is that crazy fucking smell??"
-Tastebud 2: "That is some bad shit!"
-Tastebud 1: "Yeah, man crack from like fucking North Korea! Crazy communist concentration camp man crack! With a fucking fish stuck in it! That's some mean shit! Yeah!"
-Nose: "Hey, fuck! Keep it down, bitches, aight?"
-Left ear: "Hey! Hey!! HEY!! Shut yo' mouths, motherfuckers, I'll kick yo' ass, you little piece of shit tastebuds!"
-Nose: "Hey, watch your language, motherfuckers!!"
-Man crack: "Dudes, did you call me?"
Or something like this.
4) My next challenges, along the line of the roaring success of my coke challenge, is 1) To eat five individual pieces of fruit every day for 30 days and then, upon the successful completion, 2) work out for at least half an hour every day of 30 days. Yup, I'm pretty much freaking out - but in a healthy way, hence my new slogan: "Fit, Fruity and Full of Fiber!" Haha! In fact, I prepared for this challenge by eating a banana today.
5) Washington is pretty damn hot in the summer. But it's nice, I honestly don't mind too much at all. Summer here is kind of rainy season, though. Fortunately I live on the tenth floor: My boss at my last job came home from vacation to 3 feet of water in his basement. So yeah. Take some time to think about that.
6) OK, hope you all have a good weekend, and damn, let's have at least ONE interesting soccer match this world cup, ok?? And no spitting! Yeah, you know who you are!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home