A VERY New York night..
Ah, so I had the best night since I got here, I think: It was SO New York! :-) We went to an amazing jazz concert in the Lincoln Center at the Time-Warner Building. Norwegian jazz guitarist Lage Lund (Lah-guh Loond) and his amazing band played as a part of a nordic jazz series called "Northern Lights."The music was fantastic: He has his own style of guitar-based jazz (his band consisted of drums, piano, sax and bass) which is dreamy and mellow without being sad or melo-dramatic. The location, however - the Lincoln Center - just left me speechless: Huge panorama windows behind the band showed the most amazing view of the million lights of night-time Manhattan, and the black skyscrapers contrasted against the deep blue sky. Afterwards I walked almost all the way home (I caved on 96th street and took the 1-train home, after walking almost 50 blocks :) ) through the black, beautiful New York night, and it was a wonderful little moment - just me and New York.
Oh well, just another day at the office.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home