Hello from NY
I mean, you should all know that I live in NY by now, but hey, here is a little update from life here!
-A couple of weeks ago, we went to Kykuit, which is the old Rockefeller estate in Tarrytown, half an hour north of NYC. It's weird how quickly New York state turns from very urban into, well, a big forest when you travel north a little bit from Manhattan.
-In other news, I just became an uncle for the second time last week, which was pretty exciting!
-Also, I'm running a lot lately. I'm doing the marathon, with little hope of breaking any records, but a realistic goal should be to, well, finish! :-) It's kind of a lifestyle choice though, I mean, you have to run a lot. So on Monday, I ran a half marathon, and yesterday I did the whole interval thing, which is crazy and exhausting, but pretty efficient. My knees kind of hurt when I came back from vacation, but with all these weird new stretching exercises, they're doing very well now, which is a huge relief.
-This weekend has been a weekend of domestic violence ... Against dirt! I have cleaned everything here, but it was sorely needed.
-I am currently obsessed with Swedish indie band Bob Hund (Bob dog). Again, this is of course a thousand years after everyone else was obsessed with them, but, well, what kind I say? I am a laggard.
-Alright! I am off to make a steak! I have yearned to make a crazy steak now for a few weeks, but I haven't had time to prepare the whole thing, but now I have stocked up on shalots and potatoes and a 1.5 pound (!) steak, so yeah, I won't be able to move the rest of the night.
Have a great week, everyone!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home