Thor observes American consumer behavior 1
After lecture today, I was feeling kind of hungry. Being quite resourceful and determined when this feeling occurs, I fearlessly ventured to the local - and may I add; only - convenience store in downtown Columbia.
Did you know that convenience stores in the U.S. don't have any fruit? Neither did I! I was in fact sincerely shocked.
But not nearly as shocked as the clerk when I asked him whether they had any fruit in the entire damn store. I might just as well have asked him "Care to grease my flanks, sailor boy?", he was absolutely dumbfounded. He gave me a long, cowish stare of disbelief: "Oh no, dude, there's no fruit here."
What the hell! And people wonder why this happens!
(For my Norwegian reader(s): I agree that the 7-11s, Narvesens and Deli de Lucas in downtown Oslo all suck ass, but at least you can get a damn apple there! At Deli de Luca, you could probably even get fashionable connoisseur yuppie apples from Tuscany, or something curiously continental yet Norwegianistic, like "Pomme d'Geiranger", at least in Bogstadveien. Did you know, by the way, that from Hjelmsgate, there were like thirtysix 7-11s in a three-block radius?)
(Snufs, og jeg savner hver eneste en!)

1 Comments:
Me too! It kind of covered all my dietary needs! Oh well! One day, maybe I myself can start a store with only junkfood and diet pills. :-)
6:05 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home