Astrology: Are they kidding? A positivist approach.
It's the most busy time of year in University, and I'm stressed out of my mind about projects, presentations, finals, self-promo ads and the like, so what better way to waste a perfectly usable night than to write stupid pointless stuff in my blog?
So here's my idea: I'm going to put in tomorrow's horoscope for me in here, and then tomorrow night, I'll write a new post and see if the stars were even remotely right.
Here's my horoscope for tomorrow:
"Don't be shy about putting in for your vacation days now, no matter how busy it happens to be at work. You need some time off, you need it soon and you need it together. Be sure your sweetheart is just as adamant. You both have at least one favor out there that's overdue to be called in, so if you need to, make that call and pull those strings. Do whatever it takes to make this time together happen."
What?? Uhm, clearly, someone up there doesn't really know me.
OK, let's try another one:
"Asserting your freedom: Weak, transient effect: This influence stimulates your drive for personal freedom, and if you feel free and unencumbered, you will probably behave quite irresponsibly in other people's eyes. The more you feel that people are trying to hold you back or make you toe the line, the more you will resist. The same applies to relationships. If your partner in a love relationship tries to be possessive or limit your freedom, you will resist. And a dispute could arise from your assertion of freedom. On a very different level, this influence can manifest itself as a feeling of spiritual disquiet, a mood in which you question your fundamental goals and aspirations. And, indeed this is a good time to look at your life in this way. What you learn will be very important to you."
OK, that made equally little sense. But hey, I'll check back tomorrow to see if:
1) I suddenly go on vacation.
2) More surprisingly, I suddenly go on vacation with a significant other. However, if she is possessive, I will resist, and a dispute might arise from my assertion of freedom.
3) I behave irresponsibly in other people's eyes.
4) I will be spiritually disquiet.

4 Comments:
It's now quarter past twelve. No vacation yet.
10:19 PM
It's quarter to ten. No vacation, no significant other (Maybe the stars misunderstood: Andrew is only my roommate), and my assertions of freedom have yet to cause any major disputes. I do feel some mild spiritual disquiet, though, but then again, I always do that before lunch. Also, I slept in til about 8.00 this morning, something which can probably be considered somewhat irresponsible to some people, given that it's exam season and everything.
This is exciting, I'll keep updating!
7:48 AM
Right. So, last night I went out to dinner to Addison's with one of my classes. This can be interpreted both as a vacation and kind of irresponsible. There were other people there, and they were significant. And maybe I'm always a little spiritually disquiet. But I mean, how can you not be spiritually disquiet on Cinco de Mayo?
So were the stars right? Only if you interpret them to be right. Uhm, if that makes sense. It's all about framing.
9:21 AM
There are a few books on the subject, some very
3:10 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home