Monday, August 29, 2005

News from America pt. 1

To the delight of my Norwegian readers, here's a small news update from life in Columbia:

-I have the worst cold in the world. I seriously thought I had meningitis (hjernehinnebetennelse) there for a moment, and that the end was indeed very nigh, but fortunately it seems to be only a much more harmless cold. The word on the street is that I'm probably going to survive.

-There's a raven in the Tower of London called Thor! According to the Beeb, there are - by law - six ravens dwelling at the Tower, and the most talkative one is called Thor. It can actually speak a little English, just like me.


Googling "Thor" and "Bird" gave an impressive array of results. Here is another story from the BBC, about an eagle chick called Thor. I also got an interesting, yet painful-sounding result about what you see here on the left, namely U.S. Air Force's "Thor Burner". I may be overly sensitive here, but I somehow don't want to go near it.


-And for the record: There are no hurricanes here! Mississippi and Missouri are two distinctly different and separate states.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home