A very Missouri Christmas + Thor Sez changing character?
Merry Christmas, everybody! Yeah, that's right, I used the C-word, and what are you gonna do about it, huh? Yeah, that's right, nothing.
Anywho, my Christmas in exile has been surprisingly nice, and as most of you know by now, dear readers, it was spent with random other international students here in town.

Yup, that's me on Christmas Eve. It was pretty nice, we decorated the Christmas tree, were ambushed by Rumanian carolers (It was great!) and I went to my first catholic midnight mass, which was also great, although we completely messed up the little kneeling stool. Oh, and don't worry, I've had a haircut, which should suit my more - uhm - suity job.
Speaking of which, this blog may or may not change character a little bit over the next few weeks and months. As I'm sure most of you will understand, I can't really write too much about what I do there, but I'll keep updating with random tidbits about life in D.C.
In the last of my two "YES!" posts, I said something like "YES! I have found an apartment!" In hindsight, that comment turned out to be wrong, as the inhabitants of the house (or as they're affectionately known, "the douchebags",) called me up and said that I couldn't move in there at all, and doing so the day before Christmas. Obviously this caused me to make a solemn vow to slowly and almost comically painfully murder all who have set foot in said house, but it also forced me to look for a new place. Which has been a long and pretty difficult process, me being an extremely picky man and all. Finally, however, I have found a nice place, less than a mile away from where I'm going to work, in Glover Park (Or as I shall let it be known: G-Lover Park) It seems to be a luxury-style highrise, and it is indeed a pretty good deal, as I have a pool and a gym and a balcony and all other stuff. What I'm trying to say is, you should come visit me.
Anyway, that is all, my friends. I'm leaving town on Jan 2nd, and I'll hopefully be installed in the power center of the modern world the next day. Hope you all have a good Christmas (I used the C-word again, bitches, and what are you gonna do about it?? Are you looking at me? You want a piece of me? Huh? Well GO AHEAD! MAKE MY DAY!) and a wonderful new year, and I look forward to seeing you all again this summer!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home