YES!
This is the second post in a week that starts with a "YES", but I just got an apartment in Tenleytown, D.C.! I'm really quite excited about it, and hence, I found it appropriate to start the post with a "YES." From what I read, the neighborhood seems a little bit like Homansbyen in Oslo, which really is not a bad place to live, and it's a little over two miles from my internship, plus it's furnished, and I really don't think I could be much happier. So, ladies and gentlemen, if any of you feel like taking the trip to the lovely D.C., then Your Man in Washington will welcome you with open arms any day of the week! (Apart from Fridays, when we have seminars with Wes Pippert.) The best thing, though - taking into consideration that I'm a cheap bastard - is that it costs exactly $400 a month less than I had budgeted. Which means that I'll come home next summer with a pretty good selection of Italian suits and shoes. And that can't hurt.
In other news, Rania and Traci owe me a $15 voucher at Amazon after a newsroom bet, in which - much to their surprise - I totally kicked journalistic ass. If I may be so bold.
(Well actually I could be much happier, and some of you know why. That is a totally different story, though, but it shall be posted, my friends, it shall be posted.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home