Take me out to the (freakin') BALL GAME!

Thor wears a Nationals hat, whereas Ben wears his "I'm at a ball game" expression, and he wears it well.
That's right, I went to my first ever baseball game (yeah, Ben, I should have gone to the one in St. Louis, but hey, I had an exam! Hey, fuck it, just sue me!), and saw the Washington Nationals keep up their five-game winning streak against the San Francisco Giants. It was indeed the veritable clash of titans - Nats' Soriano v. Giants' Barry Bonds, who is a bum with something hormonally in common with Floyd Landis. Fortunately for us, though, the Nats delivered the goods and won, to the considerable pleasure of the crowd.
I'm still amazed at how in to it Ben is, and he even has this form thing, that he uses to keep track of scores, so that he can recreate the game at home, probably at a time when he's very lonely and hung over.
This is Ben after I told him what my batting song would be (It would be Urge Overkill's "Girl, You'll be a Woman Soon.")
Then the Nationals won after excellent play by JOHNSON, and there were fireworks and shit:

In other news:
1) I went to six flags with Georgi, his brother, Yuriy and Alejandra on Sunday, and took the Superman Ride of Steel, which is arguably the coolest and most sensationally awesome thing I've done in my entire life: That drop takes you from zero to 75 mph, and it is absolutely fucking sweet.

We also did the "Funnel of Doom" or whatever it's called, which was also great! Didn't have funnel cake, though, but that will come the next time. Anyway, even though my compatriots were TWO AND A FUCKING HALF HOURS LATE, we had a fantastic time!

"Dude, did we just come out of a huge funnel?"
2) I'm heading up to New York this weekend to look at a potential place there: I've found a place that looks really nice, with roommates who seem really cool, so hope it works out.
3) I might also drop by Baltimore: My good friend and Montana ex-roommate Robbie has moved there to study Medicine at Johns Hopkins, and it should be fun to see him again, it's been a few years since our wonderful and tequila-fueled yet academically superior days in our Quad suite.
4) I'm also going to the National Zoo with Katy and co. this weekend, to see the Panda! Boo vacuum extension hairstyling, Hurray Panda!! You know, my favorite animals - Pandas and Penguins - are both only black and white, and me and my work mate Andrea had an interesting discussion about what that says about me. Rest assured, it says bad things: I'm a person who completely lacks any ability to see gray areas and nuances. Also, I'm a communist and really, really cold.

5) Washington is really fucking hot in the summer, but again, I'm holding my own, and it's much better than I expected, although my lunch runs to Suki (pronounced - I'm sure - Sucky) Asian on Rhode Island and M can get a little steamy.
With that, I sign off from the longest blog post since the Great Fire of Mjøsa, and wish you all a good and relaxing weekend!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home