Monday, September 04, 2006

I am officially sick of painting!

OK, I've officially moved in, but I am also officially sick of painting: After 5 (!!) coats of paint, the walls are still sucking up paint like, you know, a sucker. Anyway, I'm almost done, I just need to paint some frames and a door, and then clean up the damn place: It is so full of spackle dust that it needs a serious scrubbing, but then I'll be done.

Also, IKEA not only charges a fucking fortune to deliver their shit, it also takes them three fucking weeks to get it delivered. Unfortunately, though, it is definitely the easiest way for me to get my stuff here, so I'll have to deal with that.

Anyway, that was a wee update from the Upper upper West Side, Manhattan. I need to get ready for my new job tomorrow too: It's kind of weird to think about, you know, being done with school and not having a million theses and papers and shit hanging over me at any given time. Imagine: I'll have weekends off! How many weekends did I have off in Columbia?? So that's sweet!

I'm going back to painting! You all have a good week and a happy labor day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home