Thor v. The Russian Mafia + Thor the Pseudo-Cowboy + Last Week in D.C.
A slightly blurred Thor and Giorgi en route to NY. Why I'm wearing a cowboy hat? Have you ever tried putting a cowboy hat into a suitcase? Yeah, didn't think so.
So, Giorgi and I had a delightful weekend in New York - I had to move all my shit up there, so why not make a weekend of it! We even went to see The Producers on Broadway - I know, man, it was totally weird, I wrote about The Producers in my last post, a few days before we went there.. Cosmic!
OK, so I'm not the world's biggest fan of musical theatre as a form of expression, and I really think the first amendment should crack down on that shit, but The Producers is the exception - it is fucking hysterical.. Just glad we didn't bring any German friends (which was, in fact, the original plan.)
Anywho, we stayed in Brooklyn with some of Giorgi's Russian Mafia connections, in a huge Soviet-style apartment, and what can I say? Good times!

This is Giorgi and I, heading to Manhattan from Brooklyn. Of all islands in the world, Manhattan is not necessarily the best one for driving, so we spent a seemingly endless amount of hours stuck in traffic jams there. Note to self: Don't buy a fucking car.
Anywho, it's my last week in Washington for a while. It really is extremely sad to be leaving right now (and not only because NY was fucking cold, whereas in DC, swimming season is still far from done.) So now it's all about finding furniture and shit, and I'm all set: I'm having a farewell lunch with my workmates at Iron Gate Restaurant (it's pretty fancy) tomorrow, followed closely by a Finally-Getting-Rid-of-Thor Happy Hour Extravaganza-Fest at Cafe Citron with my Mizzou people. Such is life, though.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home