Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Hip, Hearty Hindustan Hooligan Hobo and the Notoriously Naughty Norwegian Nomad!


Yay alliteration! I've waited so long to use that headline! Actually it took me quite a while! Anywho, that is me and Rhitu at the "Finally-getting-rid-of-Thor"-Party, and here is another picture from said party:


Here's the gang: From left to right: Calvin Coolidge, Carmen, Yuriy, Ale and Rhitu - and look at where Rhitu has her hand!! That's MY knee! HA! So busted, Rhitu! (Actually, the girl's name isn't really Calvin Coolidge, I was just checking if you're paying attention. Frankly I can't remember her name, so until someone can refresh my memory, Calvin it is!) Anywho, we went to the Lucky Bar to celebrate/mourn my heading north (To be honest, it was more celebrating than mourning, but that's life.) Strangely, the waitress there went from being really bitchy to really really nice, and it may or may not have been drug-related. I hate to insinuate things here, but let's just agree that it was really weird!

Anyway, this is officially my last night in Washington, and my last night in my now very empty apartment in Glover Park. It's sad to leave it - I'm gonna miss this view alot! - but this transitional period between two apartments where everything is in flux is officially THE time of my life where I get really stressed, so I'm just ready to get the move over with and get settled in my new Manhattan pad.

Anyway, here are some other news tidbits from the life and times of Thor!

1) I was originally supposed to move today, so I took the day off today, and hence had my last day at work yesterday (there were a lot of hugs, let me tell you that, and quite sad and emotional, but hey, if I get a farewell-lunch like that every time (we went to the Iron Gate, and it was officially awesome! We even heard tall tales from the seven seas (yeah, you know what I'm talking about!) I'm gonna quit jobs more often!)


Anyway: In lieu of anything better to do, I did the thing I've wanted to do all summer but never had time to: I went to the National Museum of the American Indian (not Indian like Rhitu, mind you) and it was AMAZING! That, along with the somewhat more sombre Holocaust museum, are definitely the best museums in DC - the architecture and exhibits of the Indian museum were simply stunning, so whenever you go to Washington next, go to those museums! Fuck it, go now!

2) I may or may not have been hit on by a number (!) of German girls today, which is something I always appreciate.

3) So, since the apartment here is officially completely empty, I got an inflatable mattress from a certain person a certain Republic of Georgia (I'm not one to name names.) However, the inflatability of said mattress is turning out to be somewhat overstated, so, uhm, it's gonna be an interesting night. Oh well.

4) Tomorrow, I'll be a New Yorker!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home