Movin' time for Thor and Germany! (OK, that's not funny unless you've seen The Producers.)

Yet again, 'tis moving time: Apparently, a rolling stone gathers no moss, and thus, I'm outta here. All my shit is neatly packed into a number of suitcases, and Giorgi and I are leaving in an hour or so. The trip up to New York shouldn't take more than three or four hours unless we hit a lot of traffic, and we're staying there this weekend with some of Giorgi's Russian Mafia (the academic one, that is) connections.
It's kind of sad to be leaving Washington now that so many of my friends have moved back here: Just last night, Katy and I went to one of the best concerts I've seen in a long, long time: Uncle Earl and The Biscuit Burners, at the Birchmere in Virginia. It was awesome - yeah, you wouldn't think of me as a Bluegrass guy, but it was such a great show - and the guitarist was Norwegian!

Uncle Earl and the singers from The Biscuit Burners. Yeah, you wouldn't think that a band named Uncle Earl would be an all girl thing but yeah, that's what it is, and it was really cool. Ouh, the guitarist - number four from the left - is Norwegian! At least sort of. Look at that awesome Norwegian!
Anyway, as I said, it's sad to leave, but then again, I'm sure there are nice people in New York as well. I'll be back in D.C. on Sunday to finish up at work and such, and I'll thoroughly report about the weekend's grand, urban roadtrip.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home