Sunday, September 17, 2006

Random stuff and rants from Thor!

OK, here's a collection of random rants from this week:

1) I've spent the weekend trying to get a new guitar here: I'm kind of settling for a Gretsch - yeah, yeah, I bought a Gretsch when I came to Missouri too, but I mean, they are so awesome, and I love playing on them, so yeah, I think I'll get another one, possibly one of these:


Anywho, I didn't find one that I liked in any of the stores here, so I must yet again resort to eBay, I think. Wish me luck with my bidding!

2) So, obviously I need to comment on the whole pope thing. Well actually, I'm not going to say anything, you probably all know my stand on these issues: I really don't think the pope has to apologize to anyone that he has a right to freely express his beliefs and opinions.

Then, of course, anyone else has the right to freely express their disagreement in a civilized way, and through that, create a dialogue that is meaningful and constructive for both parts. In this case, muslim leaders could try to identify areas where the muslim world is indeed not evil and retarded, but then perhaps admit that some areas might need mild improvement. Then you would have DIALOGUE. Then you could make PROGRESS. And furthermore, that would be RATIONAL. Then you would prove to the world that you are NOT evil and inhuman.

Killing a nun in Mogadishu is neither meaningful nor constructive, and is NOT covered by freedom of expression, fuckers! It also goes a long way to prove the point quoted by the pope.

What better way to prove that you are not violent by staging a really violent rally and then shooting a nun? Great call, great call, that nun really had it coming.

3) In other news, I saw "Best in Show" and "The Interpreter" this week. Yeah, yeah, I'm way behind the rest of the world in terms of movies, but "The Interpreter" was cool because I've been to the UN, and "Best in Show" was just plain hilarious, (I loved the terrible L. L. Bean couple below) almost as fun as "A Mighty Wind".

Anywho, that was my rant for the day: Hope you all have a good week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home