Thursday, July 19, 2007

Yo yo yo!

So! Today is officially my last day at work for the summer, and I have to say, I am mildly excited to have summer vacation! It's my first in a long time! It's weird, though, usually I'm completely exhausted when vacation is arriving, but now I feel fine and energized, and ready for an adventure in Guatemala! I'm leaving tomorrow morning, and we are going to jungles, maya temples, you name it, it's gonna be awesome!

In other news, there are explosions afoot in NYC! I love how Dagbladet describes the scene as "utter chaos, apocalyptic feeling among New Yorkers", when clearly nobody cares about a steam blowout. To be fair though, one person died, and that is of course very sad, but on the whole, it feels like it was blown slightly out of proportion. It happened like 7 blocks from my office, though, but I didn't see it, because I was busy watching ..

..The new Harry Potter movie at the Imax on 66th! (Props to Ellie for the awesome ticket!) It was pretty cool (only the last fighting sequence was in 3d), and even though I am not a huge Master P fan, it was still good fun! The Imax theater is nice, though. Also, the book is coming out tomorrow night, and I'm sad that I can't join Brian and co. to watch the crazy kids go nuts in a HP BUYING FRENZY! (Also, Hermione dies in the last book, trying to protect Ronnie the Bear from the evil Valmart. Harry then FUCKS HIM UP, and the worlds is again at peace.)

Oh man, awkward moment at the movie place last night - I realized that I have no idea what the term "concession stand" means. So a guy comes up to me in the escalator after the exiting the screening room, and asks if there is a concession stand up there. "No, you have to buy tickets downstairs," I matter-of-factly respond. "No," he says, "not a ticket stand, a concession stand!" At this point, I realize how similar "concession" and "constipation" sound, so I respond, "No, I think there are bathrooms on every floor." He gave me the most "WHAT THE FUCK?" look I have ever seen in my life. Next time anyone asks where anything is, I'm just going to respond, "In my pants!"

Oh! I can post my travel plans here, so y'all know where I'll be at!

Friday July 20: Guatemala.
Monday July 23: NYC
Wednesday July 25: Oslo
Friday, July 27: Georgia
Monday, August 6: Oslo / WEST COAST, REPPAZENT!
Friday, August 17: Iceland
Sunday, August 19: NYC

I am officially the least carbon-neutral person in the world. :-(

So yeah! See you soon, everybody!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger * said...

love how that mean-faced villain Voldemort is slowly changing his name to Wall*Mart in your head.

At concession stands, you buy the worlds biggest buckkit of popcorn. This is of great pleasure to me. Also, so is pants.

Also, the crazyword you have to type in to post comment now ends with budz. So I guess we are budz.

1:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home