Saturday, June 04, 2005

Thor's week in random facts and numbers.

5: Amount of days I've been out of Oslo.

10: Number of relatives I met.

6: Number of animals species I saw, specifically some cows, a lot of sheep, two dogs, a horse, a mean-looking goat and a rabbit.

4: Number of means of public transportation (this is a horrid sentence) Thor made use of (even the passive is there, this is terrible) during this time period, specifically planes, trains, a bus and a ferry.

4: Number of times I threw up on that damn ferry.

Surprisingly much: Amount of liquids and solids I threw up. (Actually, I didn't throw up on the ferry. The ride/sail was in fact pretty smooth, and I only added the last part for dramatic effect. You have to admit it was pretty dramatic?)

8: Amount of hours Thor spent on the stupid freakin' train.

1 angry looking Indian man, 3 extremely talkative and loud old ladies and 2 spooky looking hard-rockers: The people Thor sat next to on the train.

8: Amount of hours Thor cursed himself for not taking a plane instead.

8: Amount of books read so far since I've returned. I hate to say this, but the best so far has been the Da Vinci Code, and the rest have been mostly "whodunnit" stuff. However, I'm going to the library on Monday, to get some Kerouac (courtesy of Ricci), some Plato and Joyce (Courtesy of Dave Ferrucci) and lots of other random stuff. My goal for the summer, of course, is 50 books.

60: Average temperature (in Fahrenheit) since I've returned. Also it's been raining and windy constantly, apart from the night when I was supposed to go surfing, of course. For those of you who think that Norway is always like that, I have to point your attention to the fact that this is the coldest May since Calvin Coolidge.

Not so much: Thor's Norwegian tan.

None: Friends who are not either abroad or in the middle of their exams or both.

Increasing: Thor's boredom right now. Watch out for more blog posts, I guess.

1: People who said "I hate bloggers" during these 5 days.

1: Number of people Thor got into a heated argument with. Not surprisingly, it was the same guy.

8-1: The result of tonight's soccer match between Norway and Italy. 8 to Norway, of course. I'm just guessing here, though.

1-0: Result of the game between Norway and Costa Rica. With all due respect and no offense to Alejandra, (who is from Costa Rica.. Come on, she's in the J-school, you should know her) that result kind of sucks, since Costa Rica is the smallest country in the world. As opposed to Norway. Which is huge. But we won. Sun Tzu teaches us that winning is the most important thing.

Everyone: People who are sick of this way to communicate news and facts. I mean, Time Magazine started it, and now everyone else and their moms are doing it, even Vox. It's true.

Soon: Thor's next blog post, so keep coming back, people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home