Sunday, June 12, 2005

Ye olde sea-captain update

Arrgh! So we made it in less than ten hours, which is amazing! The record we had to beat was 13 hours! We didn't exactly win the regatta, but we didn't finish last either, which was a relief. (This was infact a very real concern, as the weather can be kind of rough, the competing boats are kind of high tech, and the teams are kind of professional - more than us anyway, we didn't have matching uniforms - so our place was in fact an achievement. Yes, an achievement, people, an achievement!)

The weather was perfect, with the wind in our back the whole way; the crew was fun; the food was good; the sea sickness was N/A. Needless to say, it was great. My nose is of course sunburnt beyond recognition, and I'm exhausted and beat up, but hell, it was awesome! And I got home just in time for The Daily Show Global Edition on CNN (!) last night too.

I hope there mysteriously occurs massive flooding in Columbia so I can sail when I go back too! Arrgh, indeed thar sea is a fair mistress. Arrgh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home