Thor is challenged..
..but still doesn't despair. Here is my brave but somewhat feeble attempt at bookish intellectuality:
You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which book do you want to be? Well, the easy answer is of course whatever books the intellectual hobos in the end of the book memorize, so that I'll be printed again in the future. I guess. Or I could be "Mein Kampf" or something similar that I hope I get thoroughly burned never to be found again.
Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? Taylor Hanson. Wait, she's not fictional. Hm. Anywho, like Andreas, Bond girls are of course close to my heart. Ian Fleming wrote books too, dammit. (Actually there is considerable uncertainty connected with this, at least regarding how many he wrote. But you all knew that.) Apart from that, though, I guess I intuitively understand the pointlessness of a fictional crush, so I can honestly say they're pretty rare.
Oh wait, maybe Cinderella. She's kind of unassuming and nice, I guess. Maybe I'll say Cinderella. At least she's fictional. Or even Snowwhite, only she has a thing for groups of Midgets, which is really quite strange.
What are you currently reading? Please see my last post. (Clearly I'm in between reading books with any intellectual weight whatsoever)
Five books you would take to a deserted island:
1) "So You're Stuck? How to Survive for a Fairly Long Time and Have a Fun, Comfortable, Gilliganesque Lifestyle with Plenty of Everything on a Deserted Island". That's a no-brainer. "How to find a guy called Friday who'll Help You Out and Do Your Laundry and Various Other Chores"; "Bring Me To Your Women: A Rough Guide to Picking Up Tribal Women on Deserted Islands" and "How To Effortlessly Build a Really Nice and Fast Boat by Random Stuff you Find on a Deserted Island" would probably be a favorites too.
2) If I did survive in comfort for a fairly long time, however, I think I'd need to embrace the age old mysteries, and I'd probably want to bring the Bible, the Quran, the Pali Canon (or possibly a collection of Shakyamuni's sayings), perhaps spice it up with a little bit of Confusianism, and I think I'll be happy for a while.
3) A book of crosswords, perhaps (in Norwegian, mind you). Or an endless supply of Su Dokus.
Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why? My stick is my own, thank you very much. You know, those "Pass this on to 5 people, and all your dreams will come true (Vote Pedro)" schemes really annoy me, so I'm not going to send it on. Yes, this might mean that all my dreams won't come true, but let's face it, I knew all along that I was never going to marry Wonder Woman and live with her under the sea.
Thor, no longer challenged!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home