The weather dudes were correct..

And consequently it rains like hell in Oslo. Therefore, I'll write a lot of random stuff down on my blog today. First of all, I had one of my exciting adventures today ("Thor buys a ticket"), and it's now official that I'll return to the plump, rolling hills of Missourah on August 16th. Obviously I expect a massive homecoming celebration, with dogs, ponies, whistles and possibly a homecoming queen waiting. And by queen, I mean female queen, not Andrew.
I've also learned how to add pictures to my blog, so I've included a picture of me in New York.
In other news, I need to do a little update on my book-reporting. I might in fact reach my 50-book goal. Right now I'm reading a great book on Norwegian immigrants to the U.S.; "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" (Don't laugh, it's fun, dammit. And Roald Dahl was Norwegian, you know. At least kind of.) and I'm also battling with the end of Kerouac's "On the road". This book has taken me all damn summer, and I know I offend a lot of people when I say I don't like it. But it's true, I don't. Please keep logging on to thorsez, I might soon denounce the whole beat generation.
A much more pleasant surprise, however, was Mark Haddon's "The curious incident of the dog in the night-time". It's an amazing murder mystery novel where the "I"-person is a 15-year-old boy with Asperger's syndrome. Funny word (Ass-Burger) aside, it's a great book. Most of you probably didn't know that my mom is a school psychologist and after endless discussions about Autism around the dinner tables of my childhood, I find this stuff pretty interesting, and the author has awesome insight into the mind of a very special boy.
Come to think of it, I've actually been challenged by Andreas to write about my favorite books. The rain still pours down, so why not do it now. This is obviously going to reveal what a shallow and ridiculous valley-girl I am, but so be it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home