Thursday, July 07, 2005

What better way to spend a brilliantly sunny day near the sea..

..Than spending it inside recovering stuff from my computer. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, my computer has completely broken down, to the degree that I'm not sure whether I should call HP Helpdesk or an exorcist. The air temperature is about 85, the lovely, glimmering Oslo fjord is about 75, there's not a cloud in sight and Thor is indeed a little angry at his piece of shit computer. Why now? Why not never? True story: I called HP helpdesk yesterday, and said that I needed help fixing my broken-down laptop. "Good Luck," the helldesk male bitch bitched, and hung up with a hoarse, ominous laugh. (He actually didn't hang up afterwards, but was otherwise completely useless.)

Interestingly, in between verbally abusing my computer and trying to transfer my music, J-8008 assignments and all my Venezuelan snuff porn to a different computer, I'm watching BBC World. Taking yesterday's events into consideration, I find it a little strange that the London-based Beeb, which is usually my favorite channel in the world, has found time to air an hour special on Rwanda's sexually marginalized rhinos. This a mere 24 hours after the largest act of terrorism in the modern history of Britain.

However, for those of you interested in new media, a podcast of the show is apparently available on BBC news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home