Sunday, September 25, 2005

Thor v. Turbonegro


So this weekend has been very much a Turbonegro weekend.

1) So I visited my local record store yesterday, and to my considerable surprise, they had a huge section with Turbonegro records. Keeping in mind that this might just be my favorite Norwegian band right now, I was very very happy, and a bought their album "Love It To Deathpunk - The life and times of Turbonegro", which includes such memorable hits as "Rock Against Ass", "Sailor Man" and "I Got Erection".

2) Turbonegro's rider includes a total of 50 litres (which is about 12 gallons) of alcohol, but this weekend, the arrangers of a Norwegian county fair refused to supply them with this fairly sizable amount of fermented beverages. Band members are shocked and offended and are apparently refusing to play, and the issue is still not resolved. Their rider also specifies that their fee is paid in garbage bags full of curly bills.

3) Turbonegro played in Stockholm, Sweden this weekend. In the middle of the show, the lead vocalist Hank Von Helvete ("Hank From Hell") told a long and apparently extremely X-rated story about the Swedish royal family, describing in vivid detail the various sex acts between the family members. The audience loved it, of course (these people are after all funny, not evil) but when journalists asked the band after the show how they thought the royal family would react, they simply answered: "The Swedish Royal Family are the worst people in Europe. They are too stupid to notice it. They are a waste of the taxpayers' money". This was, by the way, the same weekend that the Swedish Crown Prince got badly wounded when he used a serving tray as a sled down a flight of stairs at a royal party. Maybe Hank From Hell has a point somewhere.





Could this really be the worst man in Europe? Some say yes, most don't care.

3 Comments:

Blogger Thor said...

Weren't they just amazing? I think I might dress up like on of them for our Halloween party. Or maybe I'll be some obscure media theory, or perhaps the Chicago School. Hm.

8:04 PM

 
Blogger Thor said...

Oh, I know! I'll be Post-Modernism! Yeah, that's right, I used the P-word, dammit.

8:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

turbonieger is so cool, i saw their in be, columbiahalle, and was terrific, after show, some gays parade scream out and sacrificed a cat, the police come and, of course run away. They are demented

7:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home