Another weekly update from D.C.
Ah! Another busy week is over, and life in the power center of the known world - for better or for worse - is still pretty damn good.
I've worked quite a lot this week, writing a LOT for various publications, and interviewing a pretty wide array of interesting people. The highlight, however, was a great lecture at the National Building Museum, held by Snøhetta's Craig Dykers. He is an extremely interesting and articulate man, and the amount of philosophy that goes into each and every building and project they do, makes it clear why they are indeed one of the best and most innovative architectural firms in the world. The National Building Museum also treated me and two workmates to a $10,000 dinner at a VERY nice restaurant in Washington, with Dykers himself and a bunch of other Museum socialites.
In other news, I might use the written part of my Master's to write a new communications strategy for the U.S. for my workplace. If I nail that, I'm gonna be extremely freaking happy, and I'll know tomorrow, so send some warm thoughts!
To illustrate this post, I'm posting a picture of the Washington monument. Fun fact: There's an unwritten rule in D.C. that no buildings can be taller than the monument and hence, there are no skyscrapers in D.C.

I think the monument is impressive, but not quite as impressive as this:

(Will I be deported now? All signs point to yes!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home