A big-ass skeleton in the closet.
Well, actually it wasn't in my closet: Yesterday, I joined Georgie and his very friendly visiting brother Levan for a grand Smithsonian tour. It was quite overwhelming, as we spent the whole day there and probably covered about one percent of the collections. Thus, there's a pretty good chance I'll return, Georgian posse or not. We visited the Natural History museum (Which included a photo exhibition about the Sámi people in Norway, believe it or not..) and the Air and Space museum. My favorite was probably the T-Rex skeleton (Obviously I'm a big baby)(And, well, so was T-Rex) and the random space stuff. Now I know how you shower in space! (Hint: Think putting a shower head in a big sleeping bag, and then float around weightlessly, and you get the idea.)
In other news, I'm officially starting my new job/internship/indentured servitude tomorrow: I had a briefing there on Friday, and I must say it seems pretty great: I'll be working in a team of six or seven people, and they didn't at all seem as snobby and arrogant as I had expected. It was really more to the contrary, which was a very pleasant surprise. Damn, hope I can coerce some of them to give me an interview for my thesis. A thesis, by the way, that we intend to publish in Public Relations Quarterly, which would be obscenely sweet! Also, my job is exactly a 15-minute walk up the hill, which is a nice way to wake up in the morning.
In related news, I just bought an MP3-player! Or, well, I ordered it, so I'll get it shipped in, you know, 10-12 weeks. It seems pretty nice, though, and it's nice to have some auditory companionship on my exploratory expeditions of the wonderful Districto del Columbiana. Whether not buying an iPod makes me a conformist or a non-conformist, I can't say.
Oh, and I'm including two pictures of the view from my balcony here. The view of G-Lover Park (Fine, so it's Glover Park.. Sue me!) is really pretty nice, but it's a little too chilly to sit outside.. Yet! Needless to say, I look forward to spring!


2 Comments:
Take those damn flowers down! :)
8:49 AM
The ipod purchase definitely makes you a conformist. Just so you konw. On another note, I hate french keyboards 'cause they've change the placing of all the letters. example=exq,ple
4:21 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home