Thor goes to a concert + Thor, the literature dude.
Ah! Another week is over, and another wonderful three-day-weekend is afoot!
Today, I went to a really cool outdoor concert at Fort Reno with local band Pagoda. They were actually really good, and Katy, Carmen and Carmen's roommates and I had a swell time.
Whether or not Cory was there remains a mystery, but the concert was still nice, regardless of the enigmatic Cory, which puzzled my mind all through the night.
There we are, in concert mode, no less!
Other than that, I'm having a picnic to celebrate my birthday tomorrow - as if that's something to celebrate. Also, I shall try to escape the muggy Washington heat and go to Annapolis, Md. on Sunday - My friend Andrea from work invited me and some of my Missouri friends, and when she tempted me by saying that Annapolis is the sailing capital of the U.S. (in the same way - I guess - as Baltimore is the Syphilis capital,) I couldn't really say no, so Boo Washington - Hooray Annapolis!
Also, I just wanted to add that I'm currently reading two great books: The first is Khaled Hosseini's "The Kite Runner" - Yeah, I know I'm way behind, and that everyone else in the world read it in like 1983, but it's a really good book! Also, I'm reading Robert Reich's "Locked in the Cabinet," an absolutely hilarious memoir of Reich's time as Labor Secretary in the Clinton Administration. If you think an account of a time served in a political office could not be hysterically funny, then read it, dammit! Hooray Department of Labor!
OK, that was my book report of the day! Have a good weekend everybody!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home