Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Ever had gas so bad that the whole block had to be evacuated? It happened to me today after lunch, and I didn't even have Mexican.

..Did I just make a fart joke? Hell man! HA HA FUCKING HA! I know, I know, it was a pretty lame joke, but it happened to me today! Well, actually, there was a gas leak in the basement. (Well, that kind of sounded like a fart joke too.. I'm sorry, I think it's my fear of growing up/old that is being manifested through me making fart jokes.)

Anyway, someone apparently broke a gasline in the basement of the building I work in, so we all had to evacuate the place, amidst firemen and like 20 fire trucks. Thus, I got the afternoon off, which was nice. Fortunately I live in a doorman building - in the somewhat rushed evacuation, I forgot to bring out my manpurse with my house key in it- but thanks to that delightful doorman, I didn't have to spend the night in a tree.

Anyway, this week saw two anniversaries for me: I turned 25 (yeah, I suddenly feel really old, hence the need for a fart joke.. Or actually two!), plus, as of today, I've been in the U.S. for a full year without being home. I'm actually getting really, really homesick, and even though I can't wait to get to New York, it's just sad to be away from my friends and family for so fucking long. It's my longest stay ever anywhere without being home, so hope I get my ass back soon.

In other news, after the roaring success of my coke challenge (I now occasionally indulge in a can or two, but my consumption is not a manic as it once was) I have three new challenges coming up: Once I get to New York (The next weeks are gonna be pretty turbulent, so I'm not gonna make any grandiose plans of self-improvement for my last two weeks in El Districto Columbiana) I will engage in these three and exciting challenges:

1) I will do yoga every day, preferably every morning - Lisa Simpson does it, why can't I? I even have a fucking DVD, so I'm all set!

2) I will go jogging for a half hour every day - dammit, I'll live right next to a freakin' park, why not use the opportunity for all it's worth?

And 3) I'll eat 5 pieces of fruit a day. I really look forward to that one.

Oh yes, Thor will be a healthy Norwegian from now on. The result of this - or so I presume - will be illustrated by the following before-and-after shots:

Before:




After:

It's gonna be great! Obviously I'll need to ink my arms and also I need to buy a really ugly shirt and get that concentration camp hair cut. But I'm up for the challenge!

Anywho, I'll keep you all thoroughly posted on my progress on these various - but not necessarily simultaneous - projects as I start them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home