Ah! I heart Lazy Sundays.
Ah, another reasonably eventful weekend is reaching its conclusion!On Friday I first went to see Peer Gynt in Central Park. It's a huge production, with literally hundreds of people flown in from Norway to participate, but even though it was absolutely ridiculously cold, it went very well, and I had a great time! Afterwards, there was a rooftop dinner, courtesy of a local, Norwegian-owned restaurant. The food was good, the celebrities were ridiculously plentiful, and it was all in all a good night.
Then on Saturday, I went on a premiere for a film about Ibsen at Scandinavia House down in Midtown. It was a good movie, but I mean, it's just too difficult to boil down the life of a playwright like Ibsen into a 90-minute movie.
After that, I met Rhitu, who was in town for the weekend. We first hung out at this diner, and then met some of her friends and went to an amazing Flamenco restaurant on Murray Hill, with live guitar-music and dancing- It was amazing, and the food was pretty good too, and it felt very New York.
That about sums up my weekend: Now I'm going to go get some dinner and watch a movie, I think, which should be nice.
Also, I labeled this under the Burmese Mountain Reacharound, a.k.a. the Mandchurian Trombone. I just felt it was appropriate.
Labels: a.k.a. the Mandchurian Trombone., The Burmese Mountain Reacharound

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home