Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Rumble in the .. Uhm, Connecticut. A napkin of shame.

OK, so I chaperone'd all these people to visit an oil company in Stamford, Conn. today. It was great, it was very interesting - I do have a soft spot for energy stuff, so I enjoyed it very much.

Afterwards, the oil company treated us all to a delicious lunch at a nice little restaurant. And it was all wonderful, until I suddenly got this uncontrollable urge to steal one of the nice cloth napkins. It was just this urge that came over me, and I went totally Winona Ryder and, dear readers, I must confess to you all - I stole a napkin. I don't know why. I don't know what the hell I'll use it for. It all happened so fast, I didn't really get to ponder it.

I just know that today is the day that I stole a white linen napkin.

Obviously, driving back to Manhattan, it started dawning on me what a heinous deed I had just committed, and I was overcome by feelings of guilt, remorse and shame. I feel really really bad about it, and I may or may not send the restaurant a check to cover this most unnecessary and meaningless of crimes.

So now, on my desk next to my laptop, there is a napkin. A napkin of shame.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Du er gal! Jeg ringer mora di nĂ¥

12:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home