Hm! Not bad!
OK, again I'll numerate this post!
1) Huzzah! You are reading post no. 200! Isn't that amazing? So many posts, so little substance! Still, hope you've all enjoyed my blog at least a little bit.
2) I just saw Capote. Of course, I'm a year behind everyone else, but quite frankly, I think it's been kind of hyped. It was good and all, but I mean, yeah, the guy showed a pretty nasty lack of journalism ethics - or at least I think so; ironically, being a PR whore and all - and Philip Seymour Hoffman has a good lisp, but I don't know, I'd give it a 7 out of 10. In comparison, the Spongebob movie got a 10 out of 10, so put that in your pipe and smoke it. The Capote movie would have been much improved if he had lived in a pineapple under the sea.
3) I sent the napkin back today. As I dropped the dark and ominously beating envelope into the bright blue USPS box, it was as if time suddenly stopped. There was a deafening, velvet silence as cars stopped in a sudden instant, and people halted in a blur around me. There, deep between the skyscrapers, the traffic, the helicopters, the street vendors, the bustle of a New York City morning, was a silence, a silence like the majestic calm of a towering mountain range, like soft, tender snowflakes falling. As my fingers let go of the envelope, an envelope so full of remorse, it was like a dark veil was lifted; the shadows disappeared and the clouds playfully moved away to let the sun shine on me again. I closed my eyes, felt its warm, felt how the worldly bonds were suddenly severed, and I rose, rose, up past the gleaming, sparkling skyscrapers, up past the morning news helicopters, shedding my the earth behind, I rose up to the heavens of a clean conscience. I smiled, a smile that shattered all evil, a smile that defeated all sin, and breathed out a quiet sigh, a quiet whisper of relief that roared across the earth. I felt my tense shoulders relax, and I felt how the world was at peace again. As the New York morning traffic quietly and gently starting moving again, my shameful footsteps of sin were washed away by a smiling, benign ocean of forgiveness, and dear readers: It felt fucking great!
So yeah, wish I could be a fly on the wall when the people in the restaurant in Stamford, Conn. get one of their napkins back in express mail from New York.
4) So this weekend, I'm first going to an outdoor performance of an Ibsen play in Central Park. It is a HUGE freakin' deal, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be lots of fun, just hope the weather is holding up (it's supposed to be rainy with a low of 48 (!), which I'm not too excited about but oh well.) After that, we're going to an outdoor gourmet dinner thing, with superstar chefs (at least in a Norwegian scale - this guy is coming, and he's got his own show on PBS!) at this old building in Central Park. I think it's going to be a blast, just need to make sure I don't freeze to death. Then later, Rhitu is visiting from Washington! I am very very excited, and it's gonna be great to see some familiar faces again!
5) By the way, we're having a Norwegian night at CMJ! For those who don't know (I didn't) CMJ is a New York music festival, and a huge big deal in terms of showcasing up-and-coming bands, and we're throwing a huge party with Vice Records. It's going to be great, and I can't wait! And, you know, that rhymed too, so hooray for me.
6) Wonder what makes the news in Norway right now? How about an albino moose! Albino mammals obviously had a renaissance after the "Da Vinci Code", but come on! It's literally been on the front page of SEVERAL Norwegian newspapers, and although it looks ghostly and weird, come on, it's a moose.
7) Speaking of, I just finished Dan Brown's Digital Fortress today. It was pretty good, but obviously, the chapter-to-page ratio is kind of ridiculous: There are 430 pages, and 130 chapters (including prologue and epilogue), which, on average, is 3,3076923076923076923076923076923 pages per chapter. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
8) That was about it. Have a grand weekend, and enjoy the new and (not noticably) improved Blogger Beta! Yes, that's right, Thor is surfing the wave of innovation, although I can't say I see any revolutionary changes, apart the fact that I can now label the post exactly as what it is: Random stuff and numerated rants.

1 Comments:
You better hope that Grissom doesn't get ahold of that napkin!!
8:13 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home