Great story in today's New York Times.
Here's a remarkable story about being a doctor with the U.S. Marines in Iraq, from today's NYTimes.
I'm not saying this story is not political (with the midterm elections less than a week away, most of the things going on are rather politically charged) but it's still really good.

1 Comments:
Hardly political there, Thor.
Chivers has another narrative piece about encountering snipers on the front of today's Times as well and the photos in the audio slide on the Times provide a gripping account of an attack.
I'm curious to know when Chivers was moved to Iraq from his station in Moscow. My guess is that he had forms into embed with a unit for sometime that finally came in, but, as far as I can remember, he hasn't done much Iraq reporting previous to this. But maybe he did a tour I cannot recollect.
He's a fascinating story. His 911 experiences are quite compelling. Here's a good inteview: http://www.mediabistro.com/articles/cache/a4766.asp
5:14 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home