Sunday, November 12, 2006

New York Marathon and such..


In other news, I went to see the New York Marathon last Sunday. My work has a lot of cooperation with the New York Road Runners, so we got the full VIP treatment, and one of the better buffet breakfasts / lunches I have seen in my entire life, so that was pretty sweet.

The place was obviously packed with celebrities, from Lance Armstrong, (of course), Mayor Bloomberg (his bodyguards were all seriously 8 feet tall and pretty intimidating, even for me, who was peacefully eating my buffet), James Gandolfini of Sopranoes, and of course Grete Waitz. P Diddy / Puff Daddy / Diddy / Poof Doodie / Puff Diddy-daddie-ding-dong was there a few years ago, but alas, my attempts to alter time were fruitless, so I didn't see him.

Either way, I must admit that the idea of running it myself is kind of appealing, and I guess I'm going to set that as a goal for next fall. I mean, it is obviously insanely far, but still. Either way, the NY Road Runners are about the best organizers in the world, so the whole thing went super smooth.


In other celebrity news, the Norwegian prime minister came to our work this week, but didn't see him. So, no celebrity news there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home