Sunday, November 12, 2006

New York Calling!

So, it's been a while sine I've updated with anything meaningful, so here goes:

1) I've spent this weekend re-installing Windows on my laptop. Yeah, not the most fun way to spend a Saturday, but in fact, it went really smoothly this time. I did the same thing last summer, and it was a nightmare, but I guess this time around I've done it before, so it really only took a long afternoon, and not a long weekend. I have read about 10 Rolling Stones, Harper's, Wired and AdBusters magazines - I mean, the majority of the job is just set it and forget it. Either way, it's cool, because all the programs on my dear laptop are now brand new, with tons of new fun applications, so yeah, good times.

2) Johnnie's coming to town on Friday! It's gonna be great!

3) Also, I'm going home in less than a month! (To be precise, I'll touch down on the morning of the 8th, and I'm heading back to Manhattan on the 26th.) I am so freakin' homesick right now, so it's going to be amazing to get home and see my friends and you know, do that whole "Norway" thing. It's been quite a while, actually almost a year and a half, so I guess it's no big surprise that I'm eager to see friends / family / Niklas (my nephew!) again. Oh, and Norwegian TV!

4) Speaking of Norwegianness, the part of the weekend I didn't spend on re-installing and re-visiting "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest" (Jack Nicholson is, of course, the man), I spent reading Henning Mankell's "Før Frosten" (to be fair, Mankell is Swedish) and Jo Nesbø's "Sorgenfri", the latter of which I finished this morning at 5 a.m. What can I say? Two fun crime novels, and hard to put down, I guess, hence my sleep deprivation. It's freaking sweet to read books again though: I must admit I've been through a literature hiatus in Grad school, where we just had way too much academic stuff to read to make me want to pick up a book for recreation. Now, however, partly because I don't have a TV and partly because I miss reading, I've totally taken it up again, which is nice.

So yeah, that was my rant for today.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home