Happy Oscar Night! Plus, Basement Jaxx rule.
Jean-Claude Van Damme wins a much-deserved Oscar. Maybe he should go back in time to get acting lessons?I just wanted to say, that if Eddie Murphy doesn't win tonight for "Norbit", then I am going to send letter bombs to the Academy, and put on a generally disrespectful demeanor towards those snotty blue-state douchebags. I mean, have YOU ever tried wearing a fat suit in like ten movies, one after the other? Huh? Have you? No? I didn't think so. Well I have. So I know what it's like. And it sucks. It really fucking sucks. So you think you're so cool, because you haven't worn a fat suit all day, being forced to wear NASA diapers because it takes like 14 hours to get it off? You know how hot that thing gets after 14 hours? It's California, man, it gets fucking hot there. It sucks so bad, and it pisses me off that the Academy can't acknowledge the suckiness of wearing space diapers and a fat suit all day. Like, who do they think they are? They're hatin'! That's what they are! Hatin'!
In other news, I am kind of obsessed with the new Basement Jaxx album (THANKS BEN! KEEP THAT SHIT COMING!). I just can't believe it didn't get more attention, I mean, that shit is pretty damn good. The album even has a cute dog on it! How can you go wrong with that?

Labels: Dudes in speedos.

1 Comments:
Basement Jaxx make good music.
But sometimes I think other people aren't as into their kitchen sink approach. It's a bit too electronic for the indie kids (read: no guitars or nonsense cut-up poetry for lyrics) and probably a bit too pop for their core dance audience. Honestly, they usually strike exactly the balance between new sounds and pop songcraft that I'm looking for. I just don't know if that's what other people want.
Not that their unpopular, by any means, but they get next to zero critical love from the mainsteam and have had limited commercial success in America.
I think some people make the argument that this album isn't up to snuff for them, but I have to disagree. I think "Hush Boy," "Lights Go Down" and, especially, "Take Me Back To Your House" can hang with all of the singles on Kish Kash, which got a lot more critical love.
3:32 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home