Monday, February 12, 2007

Workouts, winter storms and OTHER SIGNS OF THE APOCALYPSE!


So I totally went to the gym today, for the first time since my ridiculous condo in DC: I have signed up at the Y, there is one a few blocks from my office, so it kind of works out pretty well. So yeah, that is a picture of me - casually yet stylishly dressed as always, somewhat lubed up for the occasion - and this delightful young lady I met there. Look at how relaxed and happy we look together! We really enjoy each other's company, and can spend hours upon hours conversing about abs, glutes, and other one-syllable words. Her name is Günther, and we love each other, and I dream of one day moving with her to her native DDR.

Anyway, as I mentioned to some of you, I went on a tour of the place last week, along with a really eloquent and articulate douchebag from the Yale Club, who - in a loud, clear and hair-raisingly awkward voice - declared the pools as "Adequate!"; the cardio room as "Fine!", and the weight room as a "Staggeringly colossal disappointment!".

In other news, I am fleeing the threat of an impending snow storm here in New York, and heading to Connecticut tomorrow. FREAK FEBRUARY SNOWFALL, everybody! How can this BE?? I mean, snow in February? That came out of NOWHERE! Like, ka-ZING: Totally out of left field!

Either, it will be like Connecticutvention! Which is ALMOST like a Bahamavention, an idea significantly strengthened by the fact that the place we're visiting has a pool!

So anyway, I'm going on an office outing / seminar thing to Old Greenwich, Conn. I just pray - pray, I say - that there will be no drunken weirdness or shit going down: I mean, that is just the most awkward and horrid thing, and I'll probably make a point of making it a REALLY early night if there is any drinking / dancing / inter-office intercourse - it is after all the eve of Valentine's Day.. If that happens, I will seriously quit my job and go home and never ever come back. So please. Play nice. And no 3 a.m. quoting of Austin Powers. Yeah, that's right, you know who you are!

OK, I gotta pack my shit! Have a wonderful Valentine's Day everybody!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home