Fruity Greetings from Aruba!
So I went to the New York Times Travel Show today, and it was pretty cool, and it definitely reminded me that I need to travel a LOT more than I do now. Iceland or Bahamas, anyone?
It was a pretty damn funny day: So, as we were walking there, we noticed how the street was thick with kind of geeky looking guys, not exactly the kind of guys you'd expect would be traveling anywhere (besides maybe to New Zealand, to hike the awesome TRAIL TO MORDOR). Turns out, this was also the day of the ComicCon, the huge Comic Book Convention of NYC.
So, imagine the comic book guy in the Simpsons, right? Now imagine a SEVEN BLOCK LINE of that guy! Walking past that line was one of the most intensely hilarious things I have done in my entire life.
It literally stretched from 41st st. and down to the hall entrance at 34th st. Dude! It was freakin' cold out! Wow! And there were like three girls in the whole damn line! So if you're a girl, and the 30,000 dudes to 1 girl ratio is something you think sounds nice, then you know where to go.
(Hot tip for girls: Dress up like Lara Croft. (And witness 30.000 premature ej.. .. uhm, nevermind.))
Speaking of which, the show was great! First, I met a suspiciously friendly fellow from Aruba, with a pretty sizable and suspiciously friendly bulge (Dammit, the picture DID come out blurry .. Guess the light there was kind of crappy for photos..). The Aruba stand also advertised with "Group Therapy Sessions with Charly from Aruba!", which sounded like something I really only now feel emotionally ready for.
There was also a Hedonism stand (which obviously made me think of Kevin in The Office, along with his favorite number.. Haha, you know what number that is!) there, but thankfully the middle aged hosts of the stand were appropriately dressed.
Then I got my name written in Japanese AND Chinese!
I know it's a tidge inappropriate, but at this point, it's very necessary to link to engrish.com.. Uhm, you kind of had to be there, I guess, but there were certain moments that were pretty damn funny, particularly involving funny L/R combinations. Anywho, it's a pretty funny site, too, so make sure to check it out.
..And briefly cross-dressed for the Edmonton Cross-Dressing Festival! It was good times, and the cross-dressing is live all year!
So yeah! Smiles and high fives all around for the New York Times Travel Show!
I'm also putting up the last picture of me and Giorgi together, me appropriately donning his Soviet-style "bjørnef*tte" (yeah, no fucking way I'm going to translate that one).. Sigh! I miss you, my furry friend (not the hat).
I read in the Times that they're pulling "The Producers" down on Broadway, so glad we got to see it when we did. But - BUT - they are putting up a new Mel Brooks musical, which I'm sure might be less German-bashing, but still fun! Please come back! I hear the honorable Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies is the shittest of the shit! And it's conveniently located in D.C.! Please..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home