Friday, June 08, 2007

Update from Captain Norway!

This has been quite an eventful couple of days, so let me apologize, dear reader(s), for I have not updated in a while. Let me make a numerated list here.

1) I am incredibly sleep deprived. This is not ideal, but I've certainly been in worse situations.

2) Emem just moved to NYC, and lives like three blocks from me (which, for a NY novice, turned out to be a half-hour walk, but oh well!) It was great to see her, and hopefully she will come with me to ASSSSSCAT at the Upright Citizens Brigade on Sunday night. Oh by the way, the Improv class is going fairly well, and is a hell of a lot of fun. My group will have a show soon at the theatre, and it is going to be freakin' out of control awesome!

3) I just bought an awesome new watch! It was kind of a hassle to get it here, but when I eventually got it, I was super excited! So today I need to go and tighten it a little bit - surely it was set up to fit someone much more generous in stature than yours truly. I was only supposed to buy this watch after staying off coke for a month. Unfortunately, that did not work - I totally caved after about a week. Yet, me being a generous and friendly guy with a soft heart for spinelessness, I bought a new watch anyway. And again, just to clear up any misunderstandings, by coke I mean that most exhilarating substance which gives me a crazy rush and a high in which I feel like I can take down a bear.

4) In other news in which I have completely caved, I just bought the most disgusting thing I have ever bought: A pair of flip flops. Dude, I saw them in the store, and they had cool colors and such, and dammit, I fucking just did it! I bought flip flops.

However. Sorostitutes who wear flip flops all the time are NOT excused. They are acceptable for strolling around leisurely, but are NOT acceptable for work/class/anything else. These will be my weekend shoes.

5) Tomorrow is Puerto Rican day here in NYC! I am excited, mostly because maybe I'll get to see Ricky Martin! OK, I don't give a fuck about Ricky Martin, but he is the parade king, and thus, will probably.. Uhm, I have no idea what a parade king does. Does he have constitutional powers, with jurisdiction strictly over the parade? Can he sign or veto laws and bills? Will his children now be born into political power, thus undermining the whole concept of democracy? These are things I wonder about.

6) Speaking of which, this weekend is the Færder sailing race (it's relevant because the Norwegian king is also sailing in it!) My friend Lars Gunnar is yet again steadily leading his trusty crew on this most epic of adventures, and I wish them good luck and favorable wind! Wish I were there, but maybe next year!

7) I'm totally meeting Ryan North of Dinosaur Comics at this comic book thing in NYC later this month. Yes. I made fun of the long line of comic book guys outside the Javits center. But I take all that back. I will now become one of them, and I am on an ambitious diet to gain upwards of a hundred pounds over the next two weeks, in order to fit in with the community. So excuse me while I go to Taco Bell.

8) My friend Ramon from Guatemala, who visited me in Norway a couple of summers ago, is totally hosting yours truly in Guatemala. So the first summer travel plan is now practically set, with an awesome trip to Guatemala! Yes indeed. Thor is going to Guatemala!

9) I hope you all have a glorious weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger * said...

mr. Martin has asked me to kindly inform you that he does not bang. She bangs. She also moves, and when she moves, mr. Martin has asked me to kindly inform you that he goes crazy. This is because she looks like a flower but stings like a bee (much like every girl in history).

9:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Din Færderoppmerksomhet er registrert og du kvalifiserer dermed som førstevinsjer på neste års tur hvis du er i området :)

1:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home