Cherry Blossom Jelly Time + other random shit.
That's right, it's spring in Washington, and the cherry trees are indeed blooming. This is a new image from my balcony, to give a sense of what D.C. looks like right now:

Cherry blossom time is my favorite time of year, second only to:

In other news, I had a visit from my wonderful girlfriend this week, which was pretty great. Anecdotally, we walked something like 40 miles during the week.
Another thing I learned this week was a little tidbit about George Bush:

Well actually I learned two things: His initials spell out "GHB". Which is funny, especially if you don't include the W after the H, but who cares about that. His parents just HAD to include the "Walker" after the "Herbert", just to screw my funny point up. That is why I declare this day - April 2nd - the first annual "I Don't Really Like George Herbert Walker Bush's Parents Day, Because They Screwed Up My Funny Punchline-Day".
Anyway, my point is, I just found the one - count'em, ONE! - wise and reasonable thing he did during his entire four years in office: He banned Broccoli from the White House.

In a stunning moment of clever clear-sightedness, he banned it, straight up.
In fact, George Herbert Walker Bush is what geneticists calls a Super-taster, and consequently can't stand strong and dreadful tastes like the rancid reek of broccoli. I suspect that I am also a super taster, since I also dread the foul distaste of the evil broccoli. Either way, I learned all this from http://webcast.berkeley.edu/.
In other news, I just bought a cowboy hat. Consequently, I look like this, only without the apparent Kimono:

Finally, two points that have come up during my writing of this blog post.
1) There is a strong visual trend in my blog, i.e. there seems to be a shift towards more pictures and less actual substance. That is because I am very busy but also because I'm a visual learner. That's right, I'm a visual learner AND a super-taster. The full scope and the practical applications of this realization are still unknown. Also, anyone who went to the last Hubbell Halloween party know that I like to express myself in alternative ways: This time it is not interpretive dance, however, it is through cheesy pictures.
2) My research indicates that there is a strong link between travelling abroad and being a democrat. My research is based on myself, as I have willingly sacrified my self on the altar of social science: I have travelled repeatedly between the U.S. and Europe, and I'm a democrat. Is this data generalizable to the whole population? Fuck yeah! That is all I have to say about that!
Have a wonderful Sunday!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home