Saturday, November 25, 2006

Haha! Thor!

Ah, so I just finished watching the three first discs of The Office, Season 2 (the American one). Honestly, I was never really into it - I mean, it was on NBC or whatever, but I guess I never really watched. I has dawned on me that this show is the funniest thing since Family Guy, with Dwight definitely being the absolute favorite character. I mean, he is just so gut-wrenchingly gruesome, you just want to kill yourself, but you just can't look away, and hence, I've looked at three DVDs today. And the best part - the BEST part! - was in the blooper roll, when Dwight says, and I quote:

"I will pray that we catch these heinous criminals.. I will pray.. to Thor."

Which, needless to say, kind of made my day!

In other news, Johnnie just spent a grrrrande weekend here in New York. This is a picture of her (OK, I did help too, just to point that out! It was a 50-50 effort!) making a scrumptious and delectable Thanksgiving dinner, shown here:



For those of you who haven't visited me yet (Yeah, I'm talking to pretty much all of you, apart from Johnnie, Rhitu and Giorgi.. You better fucking come visit me soon, people, it's New York Fucking City, folks, so use the opportunity while it's there!) this is my silly little kitchen. It's really small, but regardless of that, we were able to cook up a fantastic dinner, of which there is still some amazing turkey left.

Anywho, we did all kinds of stuff when Johnnie was in town, such as visiting the Top of the Rock, the top floor of the Rockefeller Center.

It was great, I mean, the view is amazing, but particularly cool is that we could see my office building, or actually, we could see my office window (if you look at the picture above, it's the black building just in the middle of the picture, straight underneath the greenish skyscraper in the distance.

The picture is taken looking east from Midtown, with East Midtown in the foreground, and the East River and Brooklyn / Queens in the background,) on the third floor from the top. So yeah! That's where I hang!

We also went out to Staten Island, gawking at the Statue of Liberty and such. This is me on the ferry, enjoying a little coffee. (It's really not mine, I hate that stuff. Yeah, that's right, I just said it: I hate coffee.)

So yeah, that was this week. It was pretty damn great. Next week is going to be über-busy: I have work stuff pretty much every night, plus I need to start packing and buying the last Christmas presents, before I head back to the Olde World for an authentic Olde World Christmas on the 7th.

Thus, I'm taking it easy this weekend, getting some sleep, watching La Oficina, and probably going for a run tomorrow - it's supposed to be in the 60s tomorrow, which is probably the last time I'll see temperatures like that for a few months, so need to use the opportunity.

Have a grand weekend, everyone!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great that you have such an amazing sense of humor. I've never seen The Office, but I wouldn't mind giving it a try, if I got the chance.

Oh, I almost forgot... The hybel I had in Bergen was almost the size of your kitchen. Cute&cosy as can be :-P

Good Sunday to you and the rest of your readers.

2:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Var ikke det bildet på kjøkkenet litt stort for den rammen? Eller er det siste interiørmote fra NY?

3:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home