Sunday, March 25, 2007

A cultural week!

So, I've had a pretty cool and very cultural week: I went to see a fabulous Indian movie on Monday, saw the New Violators again on Wednesday (who have pictures from New York City up on their MySpace, which I thought was kind of cool), and a Grieg concert on Thursday.


Then on Friday - and this was definitely the highlight - I went to the Upright Citizen's Brigade on Friday, and saw an act named "Your Fucked Up Family", which was all about how weird families can be. It was the single most hilarious thing I have ever witnessed - I mean, I have been to a few improv comedy things back in Oslo, but this was just completely something else.

Fav quotes (Haha, I know someone who is going to enjoy these) :

"-Yeeaaahh! This is how Tom Sizemore judges a corn contest! YEEEAAAHHH!!"

"-Uhm, my son here is being sarcastic, but that is actually exactly what I mean!"

"-I hope Tom Sizemore enjoyed my baby corn!"

"-The church ... of ... SATAN!! BLAAARRRHH!"

"-Hey, we're from New York, we touch dicks all day!"

"-Haha. Let's kill them!"

It was seriously jaw-breakingly funny, and I am definitely going back, and soon!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

not to be too anal- in a corn judging way ;)- but I believe the quote was:
"Uhm- My son here is being sarcastic, but its what I actually believe" (insert southern drawl)
and
"Mom, do you think Tom Sizemore liked my baby corn?" (insert short-bus voice)

5:31 PM

 
Blogger Thor said...

Whatevs! So I don't have photographic (phonographic?) memory! SUE ME!

7:05 PM

 
Blogger Thor said...

Actually, I refuse to apologize for this: A blog is the ultimate form of subjective journalism, and as such, fact-checking of quotes is completely irrelevant! HA!! SUCK ON THAT!

7:11 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I refuse to dignify your response(s) with a response.
On a separate topic,are you familiar with what a hoodie is?

6:32 PM

 
Blogger Thor said...

It's not even a continent - it's an incontinent. It is a pestilent.

8:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home