Sunday, March 11, 2007

Hurray Robbie!

Another weekend of awesome visits! Yes indeed, my humble - and I must reiterate, HUMBLE - abode is becoming quite the hangout spot for out-of-town friends. Which is incredibly cool! So this weekend, my good friend and ex-roommate Robbie came in from Baltimore, for a weekend of, you know, fun and games.

This is Robbie, with his funky aunt Brigid, who we hung out with most of the weekend, and who turned out to live two blocks from me, with Chester the crazy dog. In case you wondered: Yeah, business cards from Vogue magazine are fucking awesome.


We went to the museum of Natural History, where I hadn't been yet, and it's a pretty cool place, although it did feel like it was designed mostly for kids. Which works out well, you know, my mental age being 8 and all. I need to get a t-shirt that says "Ask me about fossils!" That really would be an asset in my everyday life.


Man, ape, or MAN-APE?? Eh, not impressed by the look-alike-iness. Let's leave the evolution debate for now.


My favorite thing of all, however, was definitely the nose-monkey! It is a fantastic creature! I remember watching a Discovery documentary about this fine animal: They all had big noses, but the dominant alpha male just blew them all out of the water with a crazy baseball bat sized nose. It was pretty intense.

Behold, dear reader(s), the awesome splendor of the majestic nose-monkey! It's actually not called nose-monkey at all, but I have gotten into the habit of giving random objects very precise and technical names. It's kind of what I do these days. (Haha, do any of my dear schoolmates remember from German class at KG, when we tried to find out what the howling monkey is called in German? Apparently it's called "Brüllaffe". Which is really fucking funny if you'd been there.) Anyway, you know you have a party problem when you wake up with one of these babies in your kitchen.

Later we went to a concert with Robbie's friend Heather, who sells microscopes! I almost bought one, but changed my mind after considering how a multi-million dollar electron microscope would fit in with the rest of the decor in my room. I just don't think it would fit with the whole Zen feel I've got going there.

The Norwegian band 120 Days played, and played well. I've said this before and I'll say it again, that band is freakin' amazing. The preceding act was this Canadian band. They were alright, and sure as fuck beat all other Canadian bands I have ever heard of in the history of the world (Bryan Adams and witch and nazi collaborator Celine Dion).(OK, fine, she is not a nazi collaborator, and probably not a witch, but she is still a genuinely dislikable person.)


Either way, 120 Days blew us all away - they are the absolute shit, and I look forward to seeing them next week in Texas! Nevermind the picture quality, the whole night was a little blurry.


This is Robbie and me drunkenly laughing at a guy singing Meat Loaf at some karaoke bar. Dude.. Karaoke is just .. Wow! Especially Meat Loaf!

Alright! I need to go pick up my laundry! And have a nap! Dude, I want my daylight savings time hour back!!

Have a good weekend everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home