Sunday, March 25, 2007

SXSW II - Thor the Tourist!

So, the next morning, I woke up surprisingly early (partly thanks to the official SXSW hangover survival kit, which included mouthwash, aspirin, a band aid (!) and industrial strength coffee, and believe it or not, the stuff totally worked! In lack of a less gay term, I must say I was fresh as a daisy!) and took a brisk walk around town, which, to my surprise (I'm an idiot) is the state capital of Texas.


Can you see the fjord? Either way, this is the state capitol. Since Texas once was a republic, it is the only state where the state flag is allowed to fly on the same level as the American flag, so yeah, interesting stuff! Come to thorsez for fun history facts!

They are totally on the same level! Yay for that!


So I was trying to take a picture of the most Texan thing I could possibly imagine, and at first, a huge fucking cannon with a pick-up truck in the background sounded like the ultimate Texicanity..


..Until I saw a picture of former Governor, George W. Bush. He is pretty damn Texan.

This is the cupola of the Capitol building. Hm, doesn't it look like the ominous eye of HAL in 2001: A Space Odyssey?


Yeah, kind of. Although the cupola has so far not turned into a murderous yet strangely sensitive and self-aware computer on an intergalactic mission .. OR HAS IT???


Either way! Look! It's Davy Crockett!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home